Organic Hemp Farm Land
About the Land
Mohave County Land for sale in Arizona with amazing river water rights, rare ranch land and cattle ranch sites. This land contains 40 to 1700 available acres, ranging from $2900-$7900 per acre.
The Big Sandy river flows several months of the year and passes through the heart of the ranch which creates a river front setting for an organic farm with an abundance of water being available from the river and shallow wells.
At the base of the foothills are mature mesquite trees and secluded RV or horse facility potential development. Dramatic and panoramic views from the high hillsides, superb custom home estate setting, next to the river make this an ideal custom ranch house view location with pasture land and corrals overlooking the river valley.
- Located on SR93 in Mohave County near Wikieup
- Less then 3 hours from North Phoenix
- ZIP Code 85360
What Can You Do On This Land?
- Create a quality equestrian facility with all the amenities
- Design scenic views and private health, boutique, and restaurant complexes into the landscape
- Build a corporate retreat
- Add riding and RV facilities
- Design water and garden features using the abundance of water rights
- Go hunting, or enjoy the wildlife, including deer, javalina, rabbits, quail and most other Arizona species
- Go rock hunting with the minerals and mining claims that surround the river valley
- Horse and quad ride on trails from the river setting to the rolling hills
Prices for River Parcels
- Entire Ranch ——————————- $3,776,000
- 640 Acres above river signal ranch — $1,920,000
- 40 Acres ———————————— $280k
- 80 Acres ———————————— $349k
- 160 Acres ———————————- $699k
- 200 Acres on river ———————– $399k
- 40 Acres (Hillside + Hilltop) ———– $129k-$299k
4 - 6 Acre Hemp Farms
For small farmers, 4 – 6 acres of land to grow hemp.
Plenty of water at Big Sandy
Big Sandy Ranch LLC and Pair of Paws LLC are owners of record of 937 acres of vacant land in Mohave County, Arizona, collectively known as Big Sandy Ranch. The companies have claims for
certain water rights quite unique to the state of Arizona.
Land for lease, water and power seller financing available.
Big Sandy Water Rights
SURFACE WATER RIGHTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE BIG SANDY RANCH PROPERTIES
Holdings of the Big Sandy Ranch, LLC and Pair of Paws, LLC consist of:
- The NE ¼, SW ¼ and the NW ¼, SE ¼ of Section 12, T. 14 N., R. 13 W.(Parcel 1)
- All of Section 13, T. 14 N., R. 13 W. (Parcel 2)
- 217 acres in the S ½ of Section 3, T. 14 N., R. 13 W. (Parcel 3), All in Mohave County, Arizona, 937 acres in a total.
The companies have claimed surface water rights with the Arizona Department of Water
Resources (ADWR) for the following:
- Irrigation rights of 813 acre feet per annum (AFA) recorded on February 6, 1915, and;
- Stock pond rights of 12 acre feet per annum (AFA) for use in Ranch House Tank based on Certificate of Water Right issued on March 15, 1989.
he surface water rights for the Big Sandy Ranch, in the amount of 813 AFA, were established in 1900 by Bill J. Rohr. Our consultants have obtained data from the public files of the ADWR. According to these, the surface water rights established prior to 1920
have been placed in the order of priority as per the attached Table. In this order, the water rights for the Big Sandy Ranch are placed 6 th among 28 registrations between 1873 and 1919.
The reach of the Big Sandy River in the Big Sandy Ranch area is considered a perennial flow area. The average annual runoff during the period 1967 – 1993 was 70,240 AFA. The volume of flow of the Big Sandy River claimed prior to the Rohr filing in 1900 was 13,335.5 AFA.
Considering that the Big Sandy Ranch is in a perennial flow reach of the Big Sandy Rover, that the average flow in this area is 70,000+ AFA and that the prior appropriations before the Rohr filing is 13,335.5 AFA, it appears that there is sufficient flow in the river at the Big Sandy Ranch properties to satisfy the Rohr right every year. In addition, a Certificate of Water Right (ADWR Cert. No. 38-19872), in the amount of 12 AFA, with a priority of December 31, 1957 was granted for Ranch House Tank to the Rohrs on March 15, 1989. The certificate identifies the location of the stock pond which is not being used currently.
Claims for both the 813 and 12 AFA of water rights have been duly filed by the owners in 2006, modified in 2007 and are now in the data base of ADWR under file Nos. 36-105380 (originally 36-019867) and 38-019872.